Thursday, September 18, 2008

On the hunt


The Bay Area is far more superior to this disconnected, traffic-laden, sorry excuse of a city called Los Angeles. I'll take hippies over hipsters any day of the week.

And perhaps one of the things I most despise about L.A. is the lack of angel wings, despite there being a Thai restaurant on every other corner. Garlicky and sticky, the delicate balance of sweet and spicy, with the crunch of freshly fried basil, has been perfected by Marnee Thai of SF, and in second place at Coconut Bay in Burlingame.

I have scoured this wasteland for any hint of a decent angel wing, but no menu, no yelp review, no google search has pointed me in any sort of direction. I found a recipe, and I am praying that it is indeed the Marnee recipe and not a cruel joke on an innocent girl who needs her fix.


Photograph by B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacqui---The recipe is no longer there! Please send it to me. Ninang

Anonymous said...

THe link to the recipe no longer works. Can you please post the recipe? Thanks!